Thursday, April 23, 2009

Denver and the Tooth











































We had the opportunity to go to Denver last week and spend time with family at Cousin Camp. It was such a cute idea and everyone involved was so creative and on the ball. We had a theme for everyday and the food and activities corresponded with the theme (way to much work for me :) but all the kids loved it. The parents may have loved it more, we all waited for the clock to hit 8 and then they were all off to bed and we got to play. And we were so excited to have Tara and Lacey there. Nothing better than making memories!
We went to the aquarium on Pirate Day and had a treasure hunt, Beach Day we had a Pinata and went to an indoor pool and I cant tell you the last time I laughed so hard at all of us trying to go across the rope/log bridge. Oh did I mention that on Beach Day we woke up to a foot of snow and then got another foot the next day! On Saturday Janae and I got to have our own day I like to call just pooped in my pants day. We went to the dentist! On our way to the dentist we got stuck in a snow drift and had to get 2 guys with big trucks to get us out. I have to admit I wasn't a huge help but it was so cold! After an hour of digging and pulling we were off to the dentist (aka. hell) I went in thinking I only needed a couple things done but of course not my luck. I ended up have oral surgery on a crown that my old crappy dentist jacked up. So he did an implant which in a nut shell is taking out my old tooth which took 40 minutes, drilling a titanium screw into my jaw and building up my jaw with some dead persons bone. I cant tell you how many jokes have gone around about whose it is! Then over the top he put some fake skin stuff and stitches around my gums. That's not even the best part...I took these drugs that sent me over the edge. I have never, nor do I ever want to feel like that again! It was horrible. I was shaking, hyperventilating, and could not stop crying. I was so sad and from what I hear kinda funny. I don't really remember what I said but it was definitely not like me. I was a mess but i would like to thank everyone who took care of me, especially Janae and Jacqui. They held me down and were awesome to have there. And also to Dave (my new favorite cousin in law named Dave) :) Thank you so much for all you did, we appreciate it! So the rest of that day and half of Sunday was a blurr but then we got back to it and went bowling, took the kids to an arcade, and did a lot of gaming and laughing. (I hate Settlers) We were sad to leave but are excited for July!!! Thanks again for a great week, minus Saturday, love everyone!







And as soon as I get more pics from everyone I will add more :)

2 comments:

JJ said...

Just looking at the photos brings back the memories and the desire to do it all over again right now! Thank you for sharing. I hope you have put those out there in our Photobucket album...let me know if you need help.

Thanks for coming. You always provide such great comic relief and fun. It wouldn't have been the same without you.

vk said...

Ditto,ditto,ditto! We don't want to do anything without the Malone's. We will plan, you bring the laughter! It works out perfectly. Still praying for you!
Love,
Aunt Verlinda